Marc Gravely founded and leads Gravely Attorneys and Counselors, a construction defect and insurance claims law firm working throughout Texas. As counsel of record for hundreds of property owners’ and policy holders legal claims over the past decade, Marc represents Texas businesses and governmental entities.
In the construction defect claims side of Marc E. Gravely’s legal practice he pursues construction defect claims and litigation against general contractors and designers on behalf of:
- Texas ISDs
- Texas Charter Schools
- Municipal Buildings
- State and County Projects
- Transit Authorities
- Texas Public Hospitals
- Other Government Facilities
- Retirement Communities
- Homeowner Associations
- Condominium Boards
- Private Hospitals and Medical Buildings
- Private Companies
In the insurance coverage and insurance bad faith side of Marc’s law practice he works on behalf of insurance policyholders facing denials, delays, and other wrongful conduct by insurance companies typically with the following types of damage:
- Wrongful Conduct
Marc Gravely has filed many Amicus briefs on behalf of Texas trade groups on important issues involving the rights of property owners.
Mr. Gravely is a frequent speaker and educator, including dozens of Continuing Legal Education ("CLE") presentations to lawyers for education credit to fulfill Texas State Bar requirements including:
- Construction Litigation for Commercial Property Owners: How to Find Value in the Cracks, San Antonio Real Estate Group CLE.
- Construction Litigation/Insurance Recovery for Commercial Property Owners, Dallas Bar Association CLE.
- Insurance Recovery from the Owner’s Perspective: First Party Coverage Litigation, Collin County Bar Association CLE.
- Construction Defects: How to Add Value for Commercial Property Owners, Private Law Firm CLE.
- Discovery of Insurance Company Business Practices, Texas Department of Insurance Enforcement Division.
- Construction Litigation Strategies for Healthcare Facilities, Texas Hospital Association General Counsel Roundtable CLE.
- Recent Legislation Affective the Government’s Rights: New Procedures and Laws Affecting Construction Defects Claims CLE.
- The Top Eight Pitfalls of Hospital Construction, Private In House Hospital Legal Department CLE.
- Insurance Recovery: How to Add Value Representing Commercial Property Owners, Private Law Firm CLE.
- Texas School Construction Defects, Private In House Legal Department CLE.
- Texas Annotated Insurance Code – Contributing Editor
- Texas Insurance Digest – Contributing Author
- 7 Step Guide to Construction Defect Claims (series) – Author (Q1 2020 release)
- America’s Crumbling Infrastructure (Sutton Hart Press – Q4 2020 release)
- Texas State Bar Board of Directors (through 2021) – appointed by president of State Bar of Texas
- Former Special Prosecutor for Texas State Commission on Judicial Conduct
- Gravely & Pearson Law Firm
Licenses & Admissions
- Texas State Bar
- Northern and Southern Federal District Courts Texas
- BS: Bellarmine University – Biology
- MS: University of Texas, San Antonio - Biotechnology
- JD: St. Mary’s University, San Antonio
- LLM: University of Connecticut – Insurance Law
To Connect with Marc