Texas lawyer Michael Gavito knows the tactics and strategies of defense lawyers from the inside having spent his early career working for Texas defense law firms litigating, among other types of cases, construction defect claims made by a variety of Texas businesses and civic entities. Now, on the side of property owners, both public and private, Michael can anticipate defense strategies and minimize or defeat their efforts to delay, deny, or otherwise deprive his clients of full and fair compensation.
Michael Gavito’s experience includes recovering damages based on construction defect claims against contractors, designers, and engineers relating to:
- Exterior Wall Envelope
- Plumbing Systems
- Electrical Systems
- AIA form agreements
Michael’s clients include administrators and others in the public sector responsible for:
- Texas School Districts
- Public Hospitals
- State and County Buildings
- Other Public Sector Facilities
As well as private sector property owners:
- Hospitals and Medical Buildings
- Low Rise and High Rise Buildings
- Home Owner Associations (HOAs)
- Condominium Boards
- Retirement Communities
Mr. Gavito is licensed to practice in Texas and Oklahoma State Courts as well in the Southern and Western Districts of Texas U.S. Federal District Courts.
Sampling of Publications and Appearances
- Recent Legislation Affecting the Government’s Rights: New Procedures and Laws Affecting Construction Defect Claims, co-instructor. CLE Course 2019.
- Construction Law Section CLE Luncheon, San Antonio Bar Association: Chapter 150 of the Civil Practice & Remedies Code: The Protections and Pitfalls, contributing author.
- The Top Eight Pitfalls of Hospital Construction, co-instructor. CLE Course.
- What I had to Learn (and What I Wish I’d Been Taught), panelist. 21st Annual Insurance Law Institute, 2016.
- Claims against Architects/Engineers: Practical Considerations for Plaintiff’s Counsel, speaker. 28th Annual Construction Law Conference.
- BA – University of Texas, San Antonio
- JD – St. Mary’s University School of Law
To Connect with Michael